While the website might of been idle there has been a great deal of work behind the scenes (unless you’re looking at github) updating and improving RoseNMS, the python based Network Management System. The code has had a great many changes including:
- Updating the TurboGears based code to 2.3.2
- Simplifying the admin back to TG standard using the Twitter Bootstrap option
- Making several GUI changes to make it easier to switch screens or get more information
- Update to the pysnmp module to the latest, which is a much better module
- Changing from paste to cliff for the command lines and bringing it all into one binary
I’m hoping to get to release one in the next few months. The back-end is largely complete with some work required on the daemon and also more webGUI work to make sure its easy to get the right information at the right time.